Oh, today’s recipe is just sooo delicious and even somehow christmassy…but more on this later.
I’m a big kale fan. And honestly, I first tried it just some years ago when the hype about kale started. Otherwise I might not have tried so fast. But nowadays, I throw it in the blender for green smoothies, in my salad bowl, turn it into chips or soup (Warning, spoiler alert!! The Soup recipe is coming soon;-)) and I am always sooo excited when I see the first kale on the farmers market in autumn (because the season for kale in Germany is unfortunately only November to February). So, it’s a real big love!
But how can kale play a part in a christmassy dish…?
Well, by combining it with sweet potatoes that have been marinated with Ras El Hanout. Ras El Hanout is a spice mixture consisting of coriander, cardamom, cumin, pepper, paprika, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg, chilli and rose petals. Really, really delicious, and because of the cloves, cardamom and cinnamon especially great in winter dishes (in summer I would only use paprika and cumin instead).
Today’s winter salad is warm, really healthy and did I already mention: DELICIOUS!
I really highly recommend it to you, it is definitely one of my new favorite dishes!
So, here we go :-) This is the recipe for 1 large or 2 small servings of kale salad.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon Ras El Hanout
- sea salt
- 2-3 handfuls of kale + 1 carrot
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 handful of pomegranate seeds
- pumpkin seeds
for the dressing:
- 1/2 cup / a handful of chickpeas
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- Peel sweet potato and cut into bite-sized cubes. Then drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle Ras El Hanout and sea salt over it and mix all well together (preferably with the hands). Then put everything in a baking dish and place in the oven for 40 minutes at 180 ° C top / bottom heat.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Put the chickpeas, garlic, apple cider vinegar and olive oil in a small blender (or use an immersion blender, because there is very little mass), blend it and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Then wash kale and pluck the leaves from the stalks into pieces of equal size.
- Cut carrot and avocado into small pieces.
- Depending on how you like it, you can use your kale and carrot raw in the salad, or roast it in a pan for 1-2 minutes with a little olive oil.
- Finally, mix kale, carrot, avocado and chickpeas in a bowl, add the sweet potatoes from the oven and drizzle the dressing over it. Garnish with pomegranate and pumpkin seeds and enjoy.