Sweet potatoes are full of vitality and nutrients, taste sweet (maybe comparable to a mix of potatoes and carrots) and are prepared very quickly and easily. In China they are very common and very popular, and are also cultivated in South America and Israel.
They can be prepared like potatoes, e.g. cooked, fried, pureed, as soup etc.
And here are the most important facts about this delicious and super healthy vegetable:
The sweet potato contains:
- valuable secondary plant substances such as carotenoids and anthocyanins (antioxidants that work against free radicals)
- many vitamins such as vitamin B2, B6, C, E, and biotin
- valuable minerals such as potassium, manganese, folic acid, copper and iron
- lots of fiber, that aids digestion
- complex carbohydrates, that do not let the blood sugar level rise so quickly
With all these ingredients, the sweet potato is a great vegetable for heart, muscles and digestive system, has a positive effect on blood pressure and blood sugar levels and against inflammation and stress.