It’s enough with the lousy weather in the middle of August!
Let’s all make this super delicious, fruity summer salad and thus bring back the summer!!
Here are the instructions for the summer recapture:
You’ll need (for 2 people):
- 1 small fennel
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 1 orange
- black olives (as much as you want)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
And here’s how:
- Cut the fennel into very thin strips and mix it with the washed, coarsely chopped arugula in a bowl.
- Cut of the shell of the orange, cut out the fillets and give them to the fennel and arugula. Better do that directly over the bowl so the orange juice runs directly over the salad (mmmhhh …).
- Chop the olives and add to the bowl.
- Crush the walnuts coarsely (I crush them in my hand, not with the shell of course;-)) and crumble it over the salad.
- Then, mix well, pour lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt.
That’s the taste of summer!
And I can already see a few rays of sunshine … my plan works …:-)
Happy Sunday everyone and let the sunshine in!
PS: Here is some more summer-feeling for your ears and eyes: