Today I have something soooo nice and sweet for you! I am so delighted and need to look at it all the time: Raw vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free stars. With a dreamy-creamy filling! Heavenly delicious and sooo nice to look at ….
But I will stop raving about it now and recommend that you get started immediately.
Oh, and you don’t even need an oven for it, since it is a raw food recipe. Thus, all heat-sensitive vitamins are saved. So now you’ll only need the following and a freezer:
For the filling:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp coconut oil (or homemade coconut butter ;-))
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 date (Medjool)
- 1 shot rice milk
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the crust:
- 2 cups cashews or almonds (200g)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of clove
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Blend all ingredients for the filling well in your blender until a creamy mass forms.
- Spread the mass on a tray or dish that is lined with plastic wrap (spread it about 5 mm thick) and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the crust: first grind the nuts, then add cacao and the remaining ingredients.
- Also spread it on a lined tray (about 5 mm thick) and freeze for an hour.
- After one hour take everything out of the freezer and cut out the stars out of the filling and crust (I used small cookie cutters that looks even nicer) and build the layered stars.
- Either you work very quickly, or you have to place filling and crust into the freezer for about 10 minutes from time to time, because both soften quickly in the processing and can no longer be cut out so well.
- That’s it. I always keep the stars in the freezer and take it out about 20 minutes before serving, then they are perfect.
Have fun „baking“ and enjoy,