I use cashews every day in many forms, because they simply have great features and are very versatile. And they also have a lot to offer inside:
- polyunsaturated fatty acids which lower the cholesterol
- high quality protein, especially the amino acid tryptophan, which is converted to serotonin in the brain, and thus lifts our mood and relaxes us
- very high in magnesium, which makes them great for muscles and nerves
- also vitamin A, B vitamins, D and E as well as potassium and iron, so they support the cardiovascular system and are great for eyes, bones, skin and the whole metabolism
- 42g fat, making them among the nuts (which actually they don’t belong to) considered more of a low-fat choice
So be sure to help yourself when cashews are offered and use them more often in your diet!