I don’t understand why so many people pity my because I can’t/ don’t want to eat many things!! I have the best burgers in the world, I don’t miss nothing at all!! :-D
May I introduce: my falafel burger with hummus, roasted onions, mushrooms, avocado, lettuce and tomato. Incredibly delicious and a huge mess while eating! But that’s just the way it has to be, I think.
They are called falafel burgers because the burger pattie contains pretty much everything you need to make falafel.
What’s all this chatter, here are the ingredients:
For the burger patties (makes 6 patties):
- 300 g chickpea flour
- 400 ml of warm water
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 handfuls of chickpeas
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 3 tablespoons sesame
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
For the topping I had:
- fried onions (cut 1 onion into rings and fry in a little olive oil and sprinkle with a tablespoon flour)
- mushrooms (1-2 minutes turned around without anything in the pan)
- lamb’s lettuce
- hummus (here is my recipe for super creamy hummus)
- Buns of course! I had gluten-free buns from Alnavit (from Alnatura) that worked out perfectly.
Serve with my super sweet potato fries and avocado mayo, if you want!
- Cut the onion very small, bruise chickpeas roughly with the flat side of a large knife, chop the parsley and then put all the ingredients from chickpea flour to pepper in a large bowl and mix together vigorously.
- Season to taste, if something is missing (e.g. salt, pepper, cumin, according to taste) and then let sit for one hour.
- Meanwhile, you can make the hummus and fry the onions and mushrooms.
- After an hour heat the pan, pour in heat-resistant olive oil properly (I use the olive oil from byodo, you can get it at Alnatura), form palm-sized patties and fry about 3 minutes on each side.
- Then create your own burger, depending on gusto, open your mouth veeeery far, and take a bite! yum!
PS: We all agreed that the falafel burger patties perfectly fit on a burger, but would be a little to dry to eat pure ;-)