Whether just for pure snacking or as a side dish, fries are always great!
And sweet potato fries are really a delicious and healthy version, which I always prefer over normal potato fries. So of course I had to make some myself one day!
To test I made two versions; one with and one without olive oil, since I had read somewhere that it also works without. And: yes, it works, but it isn’t that much fun! The fries are just boring. Externally as well as regarding the taste and consistency.
Therefore, today I will only show you the recipe WITH olive oil (but you can still just leave the oil out).
In addition I made some avocado mayonnaise. Without egg, so also suitable for vegans.
Super tasty altogether, so please try it yourself!
These are the ingredients:
For the fries (enough for 2-3 people as a side dish):
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- some sea salt
- some paprika
For the Avocado Mayo:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the sweet potato into fries-shaped strips.
- Place in a baking dish or on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and paprika powder and mix everything with your hands.
- Put everything in the oven at 190 °C (fan) for about 40 minutes. Turn 1-2 times, so the fries get a nice brown color on all sides. That’s it :-)
While the fries sizzle in the oven, you can make the avocado mayo:
- Put avocado, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender and blend until nice and creamy.
- Then season to taste with salt and pepper. If you want to, you can also add garlic (blend again).
They don’t get as crunchy as real potato fries (out of a deep fryer), but they are still soo tasty and really nice with the avocado-mayo.
So give it a try and enjoy!