Sooo, are you in the mood for pumpkin soup? Sorry, that’s not on the menu today, even if it looks alike, it is no pumpkin involved! ;-)
But don’t be disappointed, instead, this beautiful and delicious soup contains sweet potatoes, carrots and creamy coconut milk. Just like it has to be in the fall / winter, when you want to be nice to yourself and warm up from inside!
Mmmhhh, the perfect dinner! Or a good start for a first date or when your mother in law is visiting. And it is healthy, super easy to digest and it is vegan, too! A soup to fall in love with <3
So, throw the kitchen apron around your waist, swing the wooden spoon, we are starting right NOW:
Ingredients (for 4 servings of sweet potato carrot soup):
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut cream (the solid part which settles in the coconut milk can, if it had been in the fridge)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock (I use my own vegetable stock, which also contains ginger, if yours is without, add some ginger in addition)
- optional: pumpkin seed oil and pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Peel sweet potato and carrots and cut into cubes.
- Place the cubes in a pot and fill with water until everything is covered. Add a little salt and the bay leaf and bring to boil.
- When the sweet potatoes and carrots are soft (after approximately 10 minutes), take the pot off the heat and puree everything with a hand blender (remove bay leaf before blending).
- Put the pot back on the stove and refine with the coconut cream. If the whole thing should be too thick, add a little water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Bring to a boil again and season with the remaining ingredients.
- If you want to refine it further, add some pumpkin seed oil and roasted pumpkin seeds.
It looks so good!
Thank you so much, Natalia! It also tastes really good, you should try it ;-)