Sooo, are you in the mood for pumpkin soup? Sorry, that’s not on the menu today, even if it looks alike, it is no pumpkin involved! ;-)
But don’t be disappointed, instead, this beautiful and delicious soup contains sweet potatoes, carrots and creamy coconut milk. Just like it has to be in the fall / winter, when you want to be nice to yourself and warm up from inside!
Mmmhhh, the perfect dinner! Or a good start for a first date or when your mother in law is visiting. And it is healthy, super easy to digest and it is vegan, too! A soup to fall in love with <3
So, throw the kitchen apron around your waist, swing the wooden spoon, we are starting right NOW:
Ingredients (for 4 servings of sweet potato carrot soup):
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut cream (the solid part which settles in the coconut milk can, if it had been in the fridge)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock (I use my own vegetable stock, which also contains ginger, if yours is without, add some ginger in addition)
- optional: pumpkin seed oil and pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Peel sweet potato and carrots and cut into cubes.
- Place the cubes in a pot and fill with water until everything is covered. Add a little salt and the bay leaf and bring to boil.
- When the sweet potatoes and carrots are soft (after approximately 10 minutes), take the pot off the heat and puree everything with a hand blender (remove bay leaf before blending).
- Put the pot back on the stove and refine with the coconut cream. If the whole thing should be too thick, add a little water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Bring to a boil again and season with the remaining ingredients.
- If you want to refine it further, add some pumpkin seed oil and roasted pumpkin seeds.