Today, there is something for all the chocolate-lovers among you! But still this sweet snack is healthy, sugar free, gluten free and vegan (depending on the chocolate you use).
And actually it’s even an easy-peasy snack because you can easily stir it together, shape and freeze it. That’s the way I love it!!
Main ingredient is one of my favorite foods, namely quinoa. The super healthy Pseudocereal is really high in protein and this time I used it in popped form. You can get them (here in Germany) at dm or Alnatura and I love to use them in cereals, for baking etc. Alternatively, you can also use rice-pops, amaranth-pops, cornflakes, nuts etc.
So, be creative and make yourself a box full of these little sweet, crunchy treats!
Here is the quick, super delicious recipe for my Quinoa pops-figs-crunchies:
- 6 dried figs (or any other dried fruits you like)
- 70 g quinoa pops
- 150 g chocolate (I used rice milk chocolate, just use whatever you like or have on hand)
- Cut the figs into small cubes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over the water bath .
- Give quinoa pops and figs into a bowl, pour the melted chocolate over it and mix well.
- Then, using two spoons, form the mixture into balls and put them on a plate.
- Put the plate in the freezer for an hour – That’s it.