Baking my own bread is quite normal for me, as there are not so many delicious gluten-free breads out there to buy. But I never thought of crispbread. In fact, it is so easy and super delicious! Moreover, full of fiber, minerals and vitamins and unsaturated fatty acids and thus a really healthy snack (especially because of the buckwheat)!
And if you haven’t tried to bake your own bread yet, I would be very happy if my delicious crispbread was your first home-baked :-)
These are the ingredients:
- 200 g of buckwheat (either freshly grind it yourself or take buckwheat flour)
- 100 g sunflower seeds (ground into coarse flour, I take an electric coffee grinder for that)
- 3 tablespoons of flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- First shred buckwheat and sunflower seeds, then pour all the ingredients together into a bowl. Knead the batter thoroughly and let it sit and swell for about 1/2 hour (cover it with a plate or towel).
- After 30 minutes, roll the dough on baking paper, about 2 mm thin (make sure to place plastic wrap on the dough before rolling so the rolling pin does not stick to it).
- Then remove the plastic wrap and precut the dough into squares (since later the crispbread would break). Place the parchment paper with the dough on a baking tray.
- Now put the tray in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 ° C (top and bottom heat).
- Take it out after 20 minutes an switch off the oven. Now turn the crispbread slices and put the tray into the (off-switched) oven again for 5 minutes.
- Then take it out, let it cool and enjoy. The crisp bread tastes great with hummus or guacamole, but also with jam (I heard;-)).
I wish you so much fun and success baking!