Today’s recipe is an absolute classic: coconut macaroons. You either love them or hate them. I LOVE them! That’s why I definitely needed to create a delicious, gluten free, sugar free, vegan version, so I don’t have to live without them. And I’m very satisfied with the results that came out of my kitchen lab :-)
This is how you get 1-2 baking trays of delicious coconut macaroons:
for the homemade marzipan:
- 100g blanched almonds or apricot kernels
- 3 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp almond oil/apricot kernel oil
-> If you don’t want that to make it yourself, just take 100g marzipan and begin with step 2 of the preparation
- 200 g desiccated coconut
- 4-5 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tsp coconut butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 pinch vanilla
- First blend the blanched, peeled almonds / apricot kernels until a fine flour forms, then add agave syrup and almond oil / apricot kernel oil to produce some kind of „marzipan“.
- In the next step, mix the marzipan with the remaining ingredients and knead well with your hands.
- Maybe sweeten again (to taste).
- Roll small balls (walnut size), place them on lined baking trays and bake for 15 minutes at 170°C top / bottom heat.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and glaze with dark chocolate if you want to. But they also taste really great without!
I wish you lots of fun baking <3