Mmmhhh, it is getting sweet and christmassy everywhere. And I love these spices, which are popping up in so many foods and drinks now and announce that the year is ending and winter is coming.
Cinnamon, clove and cardamom definitely belong to them. All three are very healthy because they stimulate the metabolism, they are warming, reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, strengthen the immune system and protect against bad breath (in the case of cardamom;-)).
All three accompany plums very well, so today I have a christmassy plum jam for you that perfectly fits to (fruit-) bread or pancakes and is completely without sugar. Nevertheless, it is sweet and sticky and mmmhhhh … delicious!
So grab a saucepan, friends! This is also a nice gift ;-)
For one glass of plum jam you’ll need:
- 350 g plums
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cardamom
- 1 pinch of clove
- Heat up plums and sugar in a saucepan. After some time it turns liquid and the plums falls together and form a thick soup.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and simmer about 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Place the puree in a casserole or similar and put in the oven.
- First „bake“ 40 min at 200 °C , then lower heat to 170 ° C and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Stir from time to time, so that the raisins don’t burn.
- Let it cool and enjoy.