Yesterday morning I was experimenting to create a delicious new breakfast. The result was a Cashew- „yoghurt“. It is actually no yogurt, because I didn’t use yogurt cultures, but consistency, taste and appearance are really similar to yoghurt.
How happy I was, as something so delicious came out!! That doesn’t always work with such experiments ;-) It all started with the fact that I had soaked cashews in water the evening before. The rest came spontaneously.
And here is my recipe for the Super-yoghurt:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1-2 dates (Medjool are the best, or other dates, best soaked 1-2 hours, so that they are easier to mix)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla (I use powdered vanilla, but you can also take half a vanilla bean)
- 1 tsp maca powder (this is optional for a little energy boost and does nothing for flavor or consistency)
- Soak Cashews overnight so that the mixer can create a creamy paste with no hard pieces.
- Blend soaked cashews with the frozen berries 1-2 minutes at highest speed until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix again until it is nice and creamy.
- Season to taste, if something is still missing (berries, maple syrup, lemon) and that’s it!
Have a lot of fun testing and munching all the rest out of the blender!