Mmmhhhh, pesto is simply amazing! I wish I had invented it. But it was the Italians again. They simply know how to make the most delicious things!
But today I have my personal pesto version for you, which is also very delicious, I heard :-)
Grab your pan and blender and be prepared for the tasty, healthy pesto alla Stefania:
- 2 tablespoons nuts (I had Brazil nuts and cashews, but it also works well with walnuts, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, etc., it’s up to your imagination)
- 1 basil plant
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 80 ml olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt (to taste, I use about 3 pinches)
- Grind nuts in a blender and roast briefly in a nonstick pan (stay near the pan to make sure nothing gets burnt)
- Cut garlic roughly, make basil completely naked (i.e. pluck all leaves) and put it with the nuts and the remaining ingredients in the blender and blend until it forms a nice, creamy mass.
- You may need more salt or olive oil depending on how big your basil plant and your garlic clove is.
- Now simply cook your favorite pasta and enjoy with the pesto.
Have fun and Enjoy!