Mmmhh, when it comes to Christmas goodies, everyone has the same specific memories, tastes and aromas in their mind. For there is no other time like Christmas time with such typical spices and dishes.
To me, cinnamon is the most typical spice. My favourite. When I taste cinnamon, it immediately makes me feel cosy, warm, secure and I begin to hum Silent Night … Therefore, todays recipe of course includes cinnamon, but also almonds and apples. Sounds great, right?
So start your blenders, it is getting delicious!
These are the ingredients for my baked apple and almond milk:
- 2 sweet apples
- 1 cup almond milk (I used my homemade almond milk)
- 2 medjool dates
- maple syrup
- Wash the apples, cut them into pieces, place in a baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 20 minutes at 200 ° C top / bottom heat in the oven (turn once after 10 minutes).
- Depending on whether you want to enjoy the drink cold or hot, use the apples straight away, or let them cool first.
- Place apples in the blender, pour in the almond milk and blend on highest speed for one minute.
- Add dates and a little cinnamon and mix again at highest speed for one minute.
- Add some maple syrup to taste, if desired. Enjoy :-)