This bread is the best bread that everyone who has ever tried it, has ever eaten. I have never heard anything else. And therefore I definitely have to share it here on the blog.
Who originally invented it? I don’t know. I think nobody knows. It can be found on so many blogs, and everybody changed it again in a very own way and each time it tastes great. An improvisation bread, so to speak. So, no problem if you don’t have all the ingredients on hand. You can improvise and use something else and this will always be great or even better :-)
And it is healthy like crazy! FULL of fibers! And depending on the version even alkaline, gluten free, vegan and definitely yeast free. You must simply call it Super Bread! … You see, I’m completely in love <3
Therefore, today I’ll share my own personal version of the bread with you, with the invitation, to make your own personal, unique bread. For example, by adding/ exchanging herbs or spices, seeds and nuts, flour and flakes etc.
It is only important that the dough at the end has the right consistency (for 5 cups dry ingredients you’ll need 3 cups of water) and that it needs to sit for an hour before it goes into the oven.
Enough chatting, here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup ground pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (whole)
- 1 cup ground almonds (or sunflower seeds or apricot kernels)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (whole)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup oats or buckwheat flakes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour or any other flour
- 2-3 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 cups of cold water
- First, ground 1 cup pumpkin seeds and 1 cup of almonds/ apricot kernels. Then add the other ingredients, add water, stir properly and let it sit for one hour.
- Place in a loaf pan and bake at 180 ° C top / bottom heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Done.