One of my daily routines is drinking warm lemon water. Every morning after getting up. I can’t live without it, I really need it!
Simply squeeze a half/ a whole lemon in a large glass (0.4 liter) first pour 2/3 of cold water over it, then add 1/3 hot water (so that the heat-sensitive vitamins will not be killed) and drink it without eating or drinking anything else before.
Then go get a shower or do whatever you want but wait a bit until breakfast or your first coffee, so that the body can fully benefit from the kickstart.
Actually, there are sooo many good reasons to include this in your morning routine, and I will tell you the five most important facts now:
- It is an alkaline start into the day. After the body had the chance to detoxify all night (best is a 12 hours break since the last meal, so it can really get into the detoxification mode and is not engaged with digesting anymore), it gets an additional kick in the morning so it is full of power and ready for the day.
- It strengthens the immune system. Since lemon is rich in vitamin C and potassium and contains the anti-inflammatory ascorbic acid.
- Digestion is stimulated. The warm water really gets everything going. The production of bile is stimulated and toxins in the stomach and intestines are removed.
- The body gets hydrated. After several hours without water, this is the first thing your body needs (not coffee or sugar).
- It is good for your skin. The antioxidants in the lemon fight free radicals, clarify the skin and will even help prevent wrinkles.
It is important that you do not brush your teeth directly after drinking the lemon water. Because through the acid, some minerals are dissolved from the teeth, which would then get wiped away and the teeth would get sensitive. Better wait half an hour, then the body absorbs the lost minerals again.
So what do you think? Do you want to give it a try? What are your rituals in the morning?
I have a few others that I will gradually be revealed to you, so stay tuned.
Have a great day!