Goji berries are one of the so-called superfoods because they contain huge amounts of valuable nutrients and vital substances. It is also known Happy Berry and comes from China, where it is also used a lot in traditional Chinese medicine.
And that’s inside:
- large amounts of provitamin A (beta-carotene), vitamin C, vitamin B and vitamin E
- all essential amino acids
- valuable essential fatty acids
- 21 trace elements (including large amounts of iron, copper and germanium)
- Magnesium, potassium and phytochemicals that protect against stress
- abundant phytonutrients and antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which are very important for healthy eyes and the nervous system
- Polysaccharides that activate immune cells against viruses and even cancer cells, provide for our beneficial intestinal bacteria (which ensure good digestion), promote the detoxification of the body and increase muscle performance
You can simply nibble the goji berries, mix into your muesli or soak and mix in a smoothie.