Today I’ll show you my favorite breakfast, that is perfect in this season and is not very common in Germany.
It comes out of the oven, is super delicious, really healthy, supplies long and evenly energy, is sugar free and a kind of porridge. Porridge can be made with oatmeal or oat flakes, depending on how mushy you like it. I prefer the second option, because there I still have a little something to chew;-)
The preparation is very simple and there are thousands of variations. Depending on what you have at home.
Here the list of ingredients (for 1-2 servings):
- 1 cup (gluten-free) rolled oats (or, as mentioned above, oatmeal)
- hot water or milk (for example coconut milk, almond milk, rice milk, cow’s milk)
- 1 handful of roughly chopped nuts (such as walnuts, pecans, almonds, whatever you like)
- 1 handful of dried fruit (raisins, dates, cranberries, plums, etc.)
- chopped fresh fruit (I always take 1 banana + 1 handful of other fruits like berries, apple (also apple pulp), apricots, etc.)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (or agave nectar, honey, etc.)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon or cacao
- additional ingredient ideas: coconut flakes, chia, goji berries, flax seeds, maca, cocoa nibs, vanilla, …
- Soak Oats in hot water or milk (so that it is completely covered) for about 10 minutes.
- Then put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Put the mixture in a baking dish and garnish with banana slices (that’s the best part of it, when it comes fresh from the oven!!).
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 180 ° C (top / bottom heat).
Have fun with my recipe and enjoy!