Oh yeah, today I have something savory for you! Between all of the Christmas cookies I need that from time to time! And today I have a very special burger recipe for you. In fact, it is the recipe for a pattie that you can eat either with salad, vegetables, quinoa, rice, or whatever comes to your mind, or the classic version between two buns and a bit of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado, etc. as a veggie burger.
Either way, it tastes delicious and is definitely healthy, gluten-free and vegan (without egg, meat or animal milk products).
Main ingredient today is again (like the cookies the other day) black beans. They simply rock! They are full of valuable protein, fiber and potassium, but contain little fat and carbohydrates and are perfect when it comes to holding a mass together. And they taste wonderful!
A little side story about the recipe: I actually wanted to use gluten-free flour but the store around the corner didn’t have it anymore. So I took a pack of pretzels and this turned out to be a wonderful idea!
So, here’s my recipe for black bean burgers:
- 2 cups of black beans
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 60 g gluten-free pretzels, crushed into meal
- 1/2 grated carrot
- paprika powder
- The night before, soak the black beans, the next day, pour off the water and cook the beans as directed 1-1.5 hours. Or, to make it easy, buy cooked beans in a glass or in a can.
- Blend 1 cup of beans, onion and garlic in your blender until a homogeneous mass forms.
- Then grind the pretzels into a meal.
- Add all the other ingredients (leave the second cup of beans just as it is, don’t blend it) and knead well.
- Then form patties (the size like the palm of your hand) and fry in a pan with olive oil for 3 minutes on each side.
- That’s it. Now serve as you like and enjoy:-)